FAQ – Purchasing Service Credit

Please rate this page.

I missed two weeks early in my career due to problems. Is there a way to make up this time?

In certain instances, you may be able to roll over 403(b) balances to purchase service years. (See FAQ at http://ctainvest.org/home/faq/purchasing_service_credit/I-used-some-of-my-403b-annuity-to-buy-service-year.aspx)

You may want to make an appointment with a CalSTRS benefits counselor before deciding whether to purchase service credit with a 403(b) rollover. Visit www.calstrs.com or call 1-800-228-5453.

Back to FAQs