FAQ – 403(b)/457 Costs and Surrender fees

Please rate this page.


I need info on 3rd party TPAs. Our district has a list and we can only use those. What about the CTA endorsed plan?

Each district may use a TPA (third party administrator), but don’t confuse a TPA with your district’s vendors. The TPA generally takes care of recordkeeping and compliance work for the district. Although the TPA might also sell products, that can be a conflict of interest.

The list of vendors provided by your district are those you may purchase products from. If your district does not offer a vendor of your choice, contact your representative and request that the vendor be added.

CTA does not endorse a TPA program for districts. CTA does offer an investment product, CTA Retirement Savings Plan, registered at 403bCompare.com.

Back to FAQs